9th International Conference on PhD Education, Lausanne, Switzerland
Creating Career Opportunites for PhDs in Life and Health Sciences
The Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne is very pleased to presentthe 9th ORPHEUS Conference: An International Congress on PhD Education that will be heldin Lausanne, Switzerland from the 3rd-5th of April 2014. The congress will address a major issue related to postgraduate education: Creating Career Opportunities in Life and Health Sciences.
Registrations will open soon, link to the website HERE
Among the presence of renowned speakers, the following are confirmed:
- Prof. Mark Ferguson, General Director, Science Foundation of Ireland and Chief Scientific Adviser to the Government of Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
- Prof. Stuart Anderson, Associate Dean of Studies, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom
- Prof. Christiane Woopen, Vice-Chair, German Ethics Council and Member of the Ethics Advisory Panel of ESTOOLS, University of Cologne, Germany
- Prof. Henk ten Have, Director, McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts Center for Healthcare Ethics, University of Duquense, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Prof. Sabina de Geest, Director, Institute of Nursing Science of the University of Basel, Switzerland
- Prof. Jean-Pierre Hornung, Director, Lemanic Neuroscience Doctoral School, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Prof. Robert Harris, Director, Doctoral Education of the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweeden
- PhD Candidate, Veronika Berghold, PhD in Molecular Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Austria and Student Representative of the ORPHEUS Executive Commitee,
- Prof. Charlotte Braun-Fahrlander, Academic Director, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland
We thank you for participating to the 9th edition of the ORPHEUS conference and we appreciate your active contribution to the improvement of PhD education.
Enjoy your stay in Lausanne!