1. Travel Grants for Members of the SSB
- Support can be provided to attend meetings, symposia, congresses and courses with a substantial biochemical content Only candidates will be supported who participate actively in the meeting with a lecture or a poster presentation.
- Preference will be given to postdoctoral fellows in their initial postdoctoral years or to Ph. D – students in their final student year.
- To be eligible for a grant, applicants must have been a member of the Swiss Society for Biochemistry for at least one year at the time of submission of the application.
- Members resident in Switzerland may apply for a grant to attend meetings anywhere in the world and those resident elsewhere may apply for a grant to attend meetings in Switzerland.
- The candidate should be the author of at least one scientific publication in a peer reviewed journal.
- Applications can be made for a contribution towards the traveling costs and the congress registration fees, but not for membership fees, and costs of social events.
- Awards will be made four times a year with submission deadlines of 1 March, 1 June, 1 September and 1 December. Applications can be made only for meetings that will take place after the submission of the application.
- Applications must be accompanied by an abstract of the scientific contribution, together with a curriculum vitae, a list of publications and a separate letter of recommendation from the responsible supervisor.
- A candidate can be supported more than once but the accumulated contributions of SSB and USGEB are limited to a total amount of Fr. 1600.-. Preference will be given to candidates who apply for the first time. Applications for less than Fr. 200.- will not be considered.
- A refunding will only be made when the successful candidate has submitted the final account including the receipts and tickets to the vice-president of the SSB, together with a confirmation by the meeting organizer of the participation at the meeting.
- Applications that are not successful will not be reconsidered at a later time.
- Qualified applications that cannot be supported by the SSB may be forwarded to the USGEB in accordance with the “Reglement des Fonds der USGEB zur Förderung junger Forscher”. Applications should not be submitted directly to the USGEB.
- All applications and correspondence concerning the travel grants should be addressed to the vice-president of the SSB. The forms can be downloaded from this server via the download page.
2. Special Grants for Junior Scientists
The Board of the SSB will consider the applications of students (Diploma students; Ph. D. students) and technical staff for traveling grants to participate in collaborative projects and to learn specialized methods that are not available in Switzerland. Only candidates resident in Switzerland will be considered. The candidate must not necessarily be a member of the SSB. Support is limited to candidates who can not yet apply for an international fellowship (EMBO-Fellowship, FEBS-Fellowship, etc.). Applications have to be submitted by the Head of Department to the vice-president of the SSB.