Jean-Yves Roignant (CIG) and Vincent Colot (CIG’s scientific advisory committee) will both take part to the “Non-coding genome” course given in May at the Curie Institute in Paris.
This course will explore the versatility of non-genic DNA elements and non-coding RNAs across a spectrum of cellular processes, in humans and model organisms, and their implication in physiology and disease.
Internationally recognized experts will present their latest findings related to the identification and functional characterization of the noncoding genome and discuss novel concepts in genome regulation and evolution, with a strong emphasis on experimental and computational tools.
Thematic sessions will include long and small non-coding RNAs, transposable elements, structural DNA repeats and non-coding regulatory elements. This course will offer to young students and research fellows the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and discuss their work with an international scientific community in a warm and stimulating environment at Institut Curie in Paris.
This course is limited to 30 participants
The participants of the course will have an opportunity to:
- enlarge their knowledge of the non-coding genome and RNA thanks to conferences animated by internationally renewed scientists;
- present their own research during the Poster sessions and discuss it with colleagues;
- present recent research articles in the field of non-coding genome during Journal clubs;
- train their communication skills in English;
- establish or enlarge their professional contacts;
- get insights into carrier development in academic research and beyond.
DISCUSSION & WORKSHOPS
1) Tutorial: “How to give a scientific presentation”
2) Round table and workshop “Career development in academia and beyond”
1) Journal clubs
Participants will present latest research articles from the field of Non-coding genome.
2) Poster sessions
Participants will present and discuss their current research projects during several poster sessions (poster format A0, 84,1 x 118,9 cm).
3) Elevator pitch (90 sec. per person)
Accrediting institution: Sorbonne Université, code MU5BM429
EXAM & EVALUATION
- Elevator pitch
- Journal club
- Interactivity during the course