For one of our clients, a fast growing Biotherapeutics company located at the Biopole (Lausanne), we are looking for a:
CELLULAR IMMUNOLOGY & ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
The Research Officer will be responsible of designing, performing and analyzing experiments to support the validation of novel biologic targets in immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases. We are looking for an experienced, highly collaborative, independent and flexible team player for our high-paced dynamic environment.
- Design, optimize and validate functional immuno-oncology assays including but not limited to immunological multi-color cell surface and intracellular flow cytometric profiling, multiplex cytokine profiling, gene expression profiling, binding assays, primary human cell-based assays for the characterization of novel biological candidates.
- Perform cell culture, including primary human cultures, development and maintenance of cell lines.
- Write detailed protocols in English.
- Participate in day-to-day laboratory management.
- Perform data analysis on a regular basis and clearly communicate results in English.
- Maintain experimental records in electronic lab notebook format.
- Collaborate across functions to validate novel targets
- Assist with general laboratory duties including lab equipment maintenance, ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Comply with all safety guidelines
- Perform other relevant responsibilities as required.
- Minimum of technical degree or equivalent in immunology, cellular biology or related life sciences
- 3+ years of laboratory experience (industry experience preferred)
- Solid and demonstrable bench level experience in the development, validation and implementation of immunological assays
- Hands-on expertise in methodologies, reagents and instruments used for primary cell cultures, flow cytometry (mandatory), ELISA and cytokine analyses
- Experience with handling primary cells in BSL-2 level facilities, isolation of immune cells from human biological samples (PBMC) is mandatory
- Practical knowledge in data analysis using standard software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad, JMP, Flow cytometry dedicated software)
- Experience in antibody discovery and pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Fluent English both written and verbal; proficiency in French is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Any question? Please call Joanna Jones, Head of recruitment: +41 78 619 76 70
Interested? Please apply by e-mail: email@example.com
Consultants in Science
Route de la Corniche 4
CH – 1066 Epalinges