Would you like to become a member of the Agilent Technologies Switzerland AG family?
To complement our team, we are looking for a motivated, conscientious and trustworthy team member as our Field Application Scientists (FAS).
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek — so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As our new Field Applications Scientist, you will provide on-site application assistance and demonstration to our customers in Switzerland. You will focus on our line of microplate instrumentation products that includes, detection, automated imaging & microscopy, liquid handling and robotics.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical and application support to our Swiss customers on our products with an emphasis on imaging.
- Support pre- and post-sale activities by providing product demonstrations and seminars, installations, applications training and assay optimization.
- Develop expert level skills on all software and microplate-based applications, stay current on new assays and work with customers on new or emerging applications.
- Present seminars and posters on your line of products and applications at conferences and trade shows across Switzerland.
For this position, you will be travelling and visiting clients in Switzerland. When you are not visiting clients, you will have the opportunity to work fully remotely.
We are looking for a motivated individual with the following background:
- Master or PhD Degree in a Life Science field (Biology, Biochemistry, etc…)
- Great experience in/knowledge of automated (confocal) imaging and ideally HCS (High Content Screening)
- Experience in technical support OR as an end-user of these solutions
- Any experience with microplate applications is a strong advantage
- Fluency in both German & English. French is a plus
On a personal level, you have great communications & presentation skills to interact with internal & external partners. You enjoy working autonomously but you are also a real team player.
- An exciting working environment in a dynamic team, as well as in a future-oriented market (life science market)
- Work-life balance is actively practiced at our company
- Well-structured onboarding and on-the-job mentoring
- Competitive remuneration with performance-related salary increases
- Diverse development opportunities with the network of an international company
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Become a member of our family. We look forward to getting to know you.
Should you have any further questions regarding the application process, please contact the recruiter on +34 933 445 804 Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Option to Work Remote: Yes
Travel Required: 75% of the Time
Schedule: Full time
Duration: No End Date
Job Function: Services & Support
Further information on the open position: https://agilent.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/fr-FR/Agilent_Careers/job/Switzerland-Remote-Location-Basel/Field-Application-Scientist–M-F-D-_4019827