A LIMNA symposium will be held on June 1st 2017 at the SwissTech Convention Center of EPFL, Lausanne.
This symposium will focus on all aspects of metabolism and will bring together Swiss scientists who have interests in metabolism, nutrition and aging as well as all related diseases.
Organizing Committee: Prof. J. Auwerx, Prof. B. Desvergne, Prof. L. Fajas, Prof. F. Pralong, Prof. B. Thorens, Prof. K. Sakamoto and Dr. L. Descamps.
– Dr. Carles Cantò, Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences, Lausanne, Switzerland
“Mitochondrial dynamics in the control of brown adipose tissue thermogenic function”
“Life Without Insulin: Is this possible?”
– Prof. Lluis Fajas, Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
“cdk4 signaling in growth and metabolism”
– Prof. Michael N. Hall, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Switzerland.
“ mTOR signaling in growth and metabolism”
– Prof. Wilhelm Krek, Institute for Molecular Health Sciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
“HIF signaling, alternative splicing and fructose metabolism in cancer ”
– Prof. Jean Claude Martinou, Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland.
“The mitochondrial pyruvate carrier in neurons and cancer cells: to carry or not to carry?”
– Prof. Umberto Simeoni, University Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV), Switzerland,
“Developmental origins of metabolic diseases: between genome and early environment”
– Prof. Markus Stoffel, Institute for Molecular Health Sciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
“Title to be communicated”
– Prof. Christian Wolfrum, Department of Health Sciences and Technology, ETH Zürich, Switzerland.
“Brown and brite fat – how do they contribute to metabolic control”