“I want to make a difference in a stimulating scientific environment”
NIHS, Lausanne, Switzerland Defined period of time contract (2 years) act rate 100%
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS) has recently been established to deliver world class excellence in biomedical research to better understand health and disease as influenced by genetics, metabolism and environment with the goal of translating this knowledge into personalized science- based nutrition.
The Institute combines latest technologies and biomedical knowledge to study the molecular mechanisms of chronic disease. Large-scale omics capabilities including genomics, proteomics, lipidomics and metabolomics are integrated with bioinformatics and systems biology to generate holistic molecular insights into nutritionally actionable conditions. Using this integrated approach, we are developing nutritional approaches to prevent disease and facilitate healthy aging.
Demonstrating strong result focus and autonomy, you will be working in a dynamic, multi-cultural and interdisciplinary research environment and contribute to the success of projects linked to cellular energy metabolism and glucose homeostasis by providing molecular and physiological expertise and evidence.
Perform biochemical and physiological studies on AMP-activated protein kinase
- Establish cellular readout assay(s) to evaluate the effect of natural products on glucose metabolism
- Perform/analyze pre-clinical experiments assessing the effects of metabolic modulators
- Drive the project independently via designing, executing analyzing data
- Present projects in both academic and business settings
Education and experience
- PhD with outstanding academic track record and at least one first-authored research publication in an internationally recognized peer-reviewed journal
- Strong background in biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology, signal transduction In- depth knowledge in metabolism in relation to energy and glucose homeostasis is desirable
- Experience in pre-clinical model research is considered a strong advantage
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of the English language
Show us that you demonstrate excellent communication skills and proactive cooperation. The ideal candidate will be able to independently and demonstrate initiative in interdisciplinary teams. Your commitment, open-mindedness and team spirit will be highly appreciated in our very international fast- pace environment.
The Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences is based on the campus of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland. We offer a truly innovative working environment and we will foster an academic research. Please find more information on http://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/.
If you are interested in joining us and to create and implement NIHS as new leading research Institution, then apply in English now at www.nestle.com/ with a complete application including CV, cover letter, work certificates and references.