The Hadlock lab is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to join our interdisciplinary team, advancing research on clinical data in systems biology. Our lab focuses on two areas of investigation: risk modeling for clinical decision support and improved patient outcomes, and new data science approaches to accelerate biomedical discovery. We have rare access to one of the largest collections of comprehensive electronic health records (EHRs) in the world, with longitudinal data for over 20,000,000 patient records from 51 hospitals and 1035 clinics across seven states. We also work with high-fidelity data from prospective studies that combine deep phenotype and exposure data, ranging from genomics/multiomics to health-related social needs and other geospatial data. Our team collaborates with systems biologists, data scientists, and physicians across the country. Current projects include early risk modeling for critical illness (including COVID-19), immune modulated inflammatory disease (including autoimmune conditions), maternal fetal-health), and work on the NIH NCATS Biomedical Translator. Our lab acts as a catalyst for high-impact projects, and we offer the data, tools, support and flexibility needed for members to make rapid progress on novel research. This position offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement.
- Pursuing your own individual research direction, in collaboration with lab team members and external partners
- Designing and conducting rigorous experiments to evaluate clinical models of complex biomedical systems
- Analyzing millions of Electronic Health Records (EHRs), or data from longitudinal studies that includes EHR, genomic, and other deep phenotypic observations
- Developing or applying machine learning and/or biostatistics to detect patterns that can improve clinical decision support and accelerate biomedical discovery
- Submitting results for publication
- Writing or contributing to research proposals
- Participating in collaborative team projects with research, healthcare and industry partners
- Applicants should hold (or shortly be awarded) a PhD or MD and have expertise in one of the following:
- Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Medical Informatics, or Bioinformatics
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- Machine learning: supervised and unsupervised
- Medical informatics, bioinformatics, epidemiology or clinical trials
- Knowledge graphs, ontologies, semantic interoperability
- Research on a specific area of wellness, injury or disease
- Clinical patient care and electronic health records
- Excellent organization, prioritization and communication skills
Preferred candidates will also have experience with at least one of the following:
- Published, peer-reviewed articles, or experience contributing to papers submitted for publication
- Machine learning
- Experience with collaborative informatics projects
- Experience with big data
ISB is an EOE (M/F/disabled/veteran status) employer.
Please provide a CV, cover letter, and contact information for two references to be considered for this position.
Please look at: Dr. Hadlock’s posting for more details.