In 2004, the Equal Opportunities Offices of the Universities of Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Neuchâtel, and the USI developped the REGARD workshop program. A couple of years later, the USI left, but then the HES-SO and finally the EPFL jointed the project. Together, the six institutions offer each year more than 20 transversal skills workshops to female PhD candidates, professors, and members of the mid-level faculty.
The REGARD workshops propose concrete tools for career management and supervision. Participants develop necessary transversal skills together with other researchers from different universities. Our workshops create opportunities for discussion and the exchange of experience between women researchers.
We open a couple of workshops each year to a mixed audience of female and male researchers (see flyer) to increase awareness about gender equality in the academic career.
For whom, how and what?
- Target groups: Assistants, PhD candidates, post-docs, maître-assistantes, MER et all other positions of the mid-level faculty, women professors
- Workshop topics: Plan your academic career; Project management for research; Communication tools; Personal development
- Workshops in french and english
- Free of charge for researchers from associated universities
- At least 20 workshops each year for approx. 260 participants
- Gender-mixed audience for certain workhops
- Develop generic skills that are essential for your career
- Get to the grips with the rules of the academic world
- Meet people who share the same issues and concerns
- Learn how to keep the essential objectivity to reflect upon your career and options
R.E.G.A.R.D. program and registration: https://www3.unifr.ch/regard/en/ateliers/liste.html