Following the expertise gained with the management of the previous COFUND Project “Talents for an International House (TALENTS)” and Talents Up for an International House (TALENTS UP), AREA Science Park, with the financial contribution of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Autonomous Region through the European Social Fund, has developed the Fellowship Programme “TALENTS FVG”. The Project is realised within the regional long-term strategy for the internationalisation of the Friuli Venezia Giulia (Italy) scientific system.
The Programme offers:
– 3 incoming research grants, with the duration of 15 months each, addressed to experienced researchers ordinarily resident or having their domicile abroad (EU or EFTA countries) wishing to carry out research projects in one of the Scientific Institutions of the italian Friuli Venezia Giulia Coordination Network or in one of the regional companies.
– 3 outgoing research grants, with the duration of 17 months each, addressed to researchers ordinarily resident or domiciled in Friuli Venezia Giulia region to carry out research activities at a foreign scientific institution or enterprise developing R&D activities, located in one of the EU or EFTA countries (11 months) with mandatory return (6 months) to a regional scientific instituion.
Applicants will have to submit a proposal within one of the following scientific areas:
-Biotechnologies and Diagnostics
-Material technologies, Mechanics, Physics and Chemistry
-Ecology, Environment and Energy
-Economic, Human and Social Sciences.
The Calls for Proposals will expire on February, 10th 2014, h12.30 (Italian local time).
Incoming fellowships will have to start on May, 15th 2014.
Outgoing fellowships will have to start on March, 17th 2014.
The selection procedure
The eligible proposals will be evaluated by a Scientific Selection Committee (SSC), that will include independent and expert professionals appointed by AREA Science Park at an international level, in possession of a high expertise in the scientific areas foreseen by the Project.
TALENTS FVG selection procedure will follow the main principles adopted by the European Commission in the evaluation of the Marie Curie proposals. The evaluation criteria and the full procedure will be described in details in the Calls for Proposals.
Beneficiaries and admission criteria
Prospective beneficiaries of this activity shall meet the following requirements when submitting their applications:
a. Being ordinarily resident or domiciled in a EU or EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland) Member State;
b. “international mobility”: beneficiaries must not have lived or carried out their main activity (study, work, etc.) in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 previous years;
c. hold one of the following qualifications:
– a degree as envisaged under provisions previous to Ministerial Decree 509/1999;
– a second level degree (MS/MA) as envisaged under provisions contained in Ministerial Decree 509/1999;
– a second level degree (MS/MA) as envisaged under provisions contained in Ministerial Decree 270/2004;
– a degree obtained abroad, with an official declaration of equivalence (“dichiarazione di equivalenza / equipollenza”) to the qualifications listed above;
d. having carried out for at least 4 years, after the obtainment of one of the qualifications described at point c), full-time research activities (supporting documents will be requested) at universities, research centres, enterprises, laboratories or other public or private centres, including working in fields not strictly related to the intended research project;
e. instead of the qualifications listed under points c) or d), holding a PhD or a degree obtained abroad with an official declaration of equivalence (“dichiarazione di equivalenza / equipollenza”).
The eligibility check on the submitted proposals will be carried out by AREA Science Park, on the basis of the information and data supplied by candidates.
Please note that:
– candidates must provide 3 reference letters, even belonging to different scientific areas. Referees cannot coincide with the supervisors in the host organisations;
– origin organisations have to be different from host organisations;
– the same organisation can be present in different proposals, but these proposals have to be submitted by different candidates;
– every researcher can submit only one research proposal.
Should the researchers need further information and indication about the formal submission of their proposals, a help desk is activated through the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org