For one of our clients, a fast growing Biotherapeutics company located at the Biopole (Lausanne), we are looking for a:
CELLULAR IMMUNOLOGY & ASSAY DEVELOPMENT
To lead validation of novel biological targets, performing and analyzing experiments in the field of immune- oncology and autoimmune diseases to deliver the next wave of novel therapeutic concepts. We are looking for an experienced, independent and flexible team player.
- Lead the identification and validation of new therapeutic concepts to build the portfolio in immuno- oncology and autoimmune diseases.
- Lead, develop, perform and analyze immunological assays including but not limited to immuno- oncology assays such as immune profiling using multi-color flow cytometry, multiplex cytokine profiling, gene expression profiling, ELISA, binding assays and functional primary human cell-based assays for the characterization of novel biological candidates.
- Perform cell culture, including primary human cultures, development and maintenance of cell lines.
- Contribute to inter-disciplinary research efforts in a cross-functional setting.
- Design, perform and analyze experiments and communicate results in a timely manner.
- Maintain experimental records in electronic laboratory notebook format.
- Review relevant scientific literature, experimental design, troubleshooting, analysis and interpretation of data
- Assist with general laboratory duties including lab equipment maintenance, ordering and receiving of lab supplies.
- Lead external collaborations to build the portfolio as needed
- Comply with all safety guidelines
- Perform other relevant responsibilities as required.
- Manage a small team of direct reports
- PhD (entry level) or Master’s degree in immunology, cellular biology or related life sciences with at least 5 years of experience in drug discovery
- Solid and demonstrable bench level experience in the development, validation and implementation of immunological assays
- Hands-on expertise in methodologies, reagents and instruments used for primary cell cultures, flow cytometry (mandatory), ELISA and cytokine analyses
- Experience with handling primary cells in BSL-2 level facilities, isolation of immune cells from human biological samples (PBMC) is mandatory. Practical knowledge in data analysis using standard software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad, JMP, Flow cytometry dedicated software)
- Experience in antibody discovery and pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; proficiency in French is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent lab management skills and mentoring skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to participate in a fast-paced work environment
Any question? Please call Joanna Jones, Head of recruitment: +41 78 619 76 70
Interested? Please apply by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultants in Science
Route de la Corniche 4
CH – 1066 Epalinges